propaganda press is concluding a year long investigation into the Guyana Energy Agency.
We spoke to dozens employees and former employees of the agency and poured over numerous documents, agency files and leaked memos.
Based on our findings, CEO Mahender Sharma and his deputy Bill Holder might be leading the most corrupt agency in Guyana, and this is no small feat.
Our investigations have uncovered:
- Large scale theft and sale of fuel marker.
- Theft of three field test machines.
- The Fuel Marking division is completely compromised with fuel marker and field testing machines in the hands of smugglers.
- Fuel smugglers are actively using markers and the stolen field test machines.
- CEO using agency vehicle, fuel and drivers for election campaigning (Sharma was a PPP candidate for elections 2015).
- Venezuelan boats being allowed into the Demerara channel and permitted to off load illegal fuel.
- Fishing companies actively engaged in fuel smuggling with full knowledge of the CEO and his deputy.
- Senior management endangering the lives of junior staff.
- Senior officials alerting smugglers and delaying raids.
- Agency officials failing to notify police of smuggling and other illegal activities.
- and much more
We will be releasing our findings over the next weeks.
CEO Mahender Sharma will not survive the internal audit launched by the APNU AFC govt., and could find himself eligible for prosecution based on our investigations.