Jagdeo worked at OP during Ramotar’s absence
JUNE 9, 2012 | BY KNEWS | FILED UNDER NEWS
Government has defended the presence of former Head of State, Bharrat Jagdeo, in the Office of the President (OP) saying that he was there to specifically help compile a special report on the recent budget cuts.
Responding to questions, Thursday, during his weekly post-Cabinet press briefings, Head of the Presidential Secretariat, Dr. Roger Luncheon, asked for evidence that Jagdeo may have been involved in other engagements.
Jagdeo was at work in the OP during the absence of President Donald Ramotar who was recently on state business in New York and Barbados.
According to Dr. Luncheon, following the $21B reduction of the $191B National Budget by the opposition in the National Assembly, there was a need for Government departments to adjust their expenditures.
The exercise was being coordinated by OP and the Ministry of Finance.
Luncheon disclosed that Jagdeo was involved in the process and during the period met with the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ashni Singh and other officials and department heads along with Cabinet members.
The report being prepared is for President Ramotar and the process to compile it is still ongoing, the spokesman said.
He also insisted that that was the “sum total” of Jagdeo’s involvement at the OP.
Asked whether it is true that Jagdeo may have been meeting with stakeholders of the One Laptop Per Family project and private contractors, Dr. Luncheon said that in all likelihood it was in relation to the report.
He denied that since handing over the Presidency to Ramotar that Jagdeo was involved in the running of the OLPF.
Dr. Luncheon also admitted that officials, including former Members of Parliament and others engaged by the government for work would be paid.
President Ramotar had said that he would be calling on the experience of Jagdeo.
- Jagdeo backpedals on secret deal inked with ‘corrupt’ Chinese company (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- varshnie singh attacked & robbed by guyana police i.e friends of bharrat jagdeo (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- IUCN appointing bharrat jagdeo forest envoy is ridiculous – John Palmer (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- bharrat jagdeo’s money launderer sesh sukhdeo rides again (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- guyana’s president hanging with ed ahmad & other criminals in new york (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- bharrat jagdeo & robert persaud ship 50 containers guyana lumber to india (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- The Airport Contract Fiasco (kaieteurnewsonline.com)