09GEORGETOWN454. Classification: CONFIDENTIAL
The two journalists went into detail on Minister Rohee and Commissioner Greene’s criminal ties as well as those of the chairman of the Private Sector Commission, Gerry Gouveia. (NOTE: All three men have either had their U.S. visas revoked or would not be eligible because of these ties.) The bottom line from the journalists — the government has consolidated its power to the point that internal opposition is effectively hamstrung. The government allows them to be vocal but has cut off all democratic avenues for recourse.
the airline industry globally was taking a beating in 2009 as most businesses. in low budget, low travel Guyana, gerry whipped out $US300,000 for a new Islander with his sidekick Captain Learie Barclay at his side. we don’t know the status of his visa but we will soon find out
below is the official biography of this cocaine criminal in his own words
Capt. Gerald Gouveia – Managing Director
Captain Gerald Gouveia is an Aviator extraordinaire with over thirty (30) years of experience in the Aviation Industry and in excess of eighteen thousand (18,000) flying hours acquired in the jungles of Guyana, South America and the Caribbean.
He is a Graduate of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida, a “Fellow” of the National Defence University in Washington DC and attended George Washington University for studies in Aviation Safety and Security. His career had it’s genesis in the Army where he served for many years, holding appointments such as “Administrative Officer” and “Training Officer” before rising to the position of Chief Pilot of the Army Air Corps. He holds the Military Rank of Major…
Upon leaving the Army, he joined the Golden Star Resources (a large Canadian Gold Exploration Company) as Logistics Manager and head of Security before being seconded to the Civil Aviation Department as Chief Pilot and Air Operations Manager.
He then accepted the position to serve as the General Manager and Chief Pilot of Air Services Limited before finally moving on and jointly establishing Roraima Airways with his wife Captain Debra Gouveia. This company started out as small Aviation Company leasing aircraft to provide its services. Today it is a complex multi service Corporation that includes, Executive Aviation Services, a modern Travel and Tourism facility, with its own fleet of aircraft, boats and vehicles. Roraima Airways Group also has a fully established International Ground Handling Facility at the CBJ International Airport and is a member of the IATA Ground Handling Council. The company has offices strategically located around Guyana, its own Back to Nature Resort ‘Arrowpoint’ located in the jungles of Guyana and boutique lodging facility, the ‘Roraima Residence Inn’ as well as Duke Lodge a heritage hotel.
Captain Gouveia heads his company’s 24 hour Air Medical Evacuation Service, flying hundreds of missions to ferry sick and injured people out of the Hinterland to the City Hospitals. He has a number of achievements to his credit, namely:
* A strong private sector activist, who served as the Deputy Chairman of the Private Sector Commission from 1996 to 1997.
* Vice President of the Aircraft Owners Association 1998 to 1999.
* President of the Guyana Association of Travel Agents 1998 to 1999.
* President of the Caribbean Association of Travel Agents 1998 to 1999.
* Four times president of the Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana 1996, 2000, 2001 and 2003
* Director of the Search and Rescue contingent established by the Private Sector 1998 to 2002.
* Member of the Central Housing and Planning Authority and also member of the Tender Board.
* He is also a Director on the Board of the Guyana Tourism Authority
* Member of the Security and Governance Sub-Committee of the Private Sector Commission
* President of the Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana 2004 to 2005
* President of the Cheddi Jagan International Airport Operators Association
* Board Member of the Chamber of Commerce
* Vice President of the Guyana Canoe Federation
* Chairman of the Private Sector Commission
Captain Gouveia was selected as one of the three (3) finalists in the Tourism and Hospitality category for the Caribbean Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2001. He is the holder of a Black belt in Karate and Judo. He is also a Mountain Biking and Power Boating enthusiast. He is a strong believer in the concept of “social conscience” and in this regard Roraima Airways adopted the school in the Amerindian Village of Santa Mission and also spearheaded the building of the only library in the same community.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 September 2010 14:58
- wikileaks guyana – roger luncheon says cocaine barons should not be arrested (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- wikileaks guyana – DEA, DHS, DOJ & embassies plan roger khan kidnapping (propagandapress.wordpress.com)