Without giving any details on Chen except that he was “a native of Yinan County in Shandong Province”, Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said he “entered the US embassy in Beijing in late April and left of his own volition after a six-day stay at the embassy”, without giving any reason why he did that.
you’ve heard the last of chen for a loooooooooong time
- Chen Guangcheng breaks silence with phone call to The Washington Post – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- China Demands Apology from U.S. (rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Chen Guangcheng leaves US embassy: Chinese dissidents who have left in recent years (telegraph.co.uk)
- Chinese media bans Chen Guangcheng’s news (fmnnow.com)
- US and China iron out deal over blind activist Chen Guangcheng (telegraph.co.uk)
- Chen Guangcheng Leaves US Embassy (thechinahotline.wordpress.com)